FAITH PROMISE giving is a way at Southside Church to raise financial support for sharing the Good News of Jesus around the world.
What does Faith Promise provide?
Your gifts to Faith Promise provide for many types of ministry in the global Church of the Nazarene. These ministries are supported through the World Evangelism Fund.
- Support of hundreds of missionaries deployed around the world
- Support for primary and secondary schools serving thousands of children.
- Support for medical clinics and hospitals.
- Training for national workers.
- Support for retired missionaries.
Base support for the facilitation of Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, the JESUS Film Project, and other projects. Support for Bible colleges, universities, seminaries, and vocational and training colleges serving thousands of students.
Does Faith Promise replace giving to missions’ offerings?
Many opportunities exist for you to give toward missions: Alabaster, World Mission Broadcast, Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, Missions deputation, and so forth. Faith Promise is not intended to replace these or other missions offerings. These other offerings allow those not participating in Faith Promise an opportunity to give to missions; and, for those who are, it provides additional opportunities for giving as the Holy Spirit leads.
Faith Promise is not to be confused with:
- A pledge. No one will remind you of the exact amount you owe on your Faith Promise giving.
- The tithe. Faith Promise is a love gift to God, to be given beyond the tithe.
- A substitute for mission offerings. In addition to Faith Promise, other opportunities for giving to missions will be available throughout the year.
When do I give to Faith Promise?
Faith Promise is giving by trusting in God’s covenants with us. Faith Promise commitments (not pledges) are given systematically for global missions. For Faith Promise, pray about the amount to give for global missions (beyond the tithe). You can give weekly, biweekly, monthly, or a one-time gift.
When you pray and ask God to reveal to you an amount that you should promise, then you can trust Him to help you fund this. Make a Faith Promise and just see what God will do!